TROJKA THEATER COMPANYVote! Share!
Trojka (in English: Troika), "the set of three" is drawn by three horses just as the traditional Russian carriage.
Our set of three: - the adaption, - the unity of the gesture language and movement, - the emphasizing on musicality and image.
THE COMPANY Trojka seeks to establish a form of independent existence, which focuses to every single aspect of the creative process.
- We choose literary texts that in the beggining are not obviously ment to be set on stage.
- Following the process of adaptation a certain novel or short story is transformed using our personal interpretation of the given text.
- The conclusion of our interpretation becomes the actual motion language.
- The images are the scenes themselves by what the musical compositions are being generated.
- Our productions can be characterized having minimalist visual concepts.
- The production can easily be adapted to either given or improvised stages, may those be threatrical or non-theatrical spaces.
OUR PRODUCTIONS IN 2019
Silence Book (performance in one act) based on Silence Book by Vera Sipos Première: 11th May 2019, HPS KULT press release: http://izaszinhazbanjart.hu/2019-majus/item/422-silence-book-trojka
The Cherry Orchard (performance in two acts) based on The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov Première: 09th March 2019, The Hungarian Theatre Museum and Institute press release: https://szinhaz.net/2019/09/19/gabnai-katalin-arnyekok-es-emberek/
Full videos of our plays:
Members of Trojka are listed on the Hungarian site.